Cleanse your body from the inside out.
Even as kids in school, we learnt about the benefits of eating fruits and vegetables. However, due to busy modern lifestyles, we don't always get an intake that's sufficient to maintain great health.
This is where we turn to supplements. However, not all supplements are created equal. Some are made with sub-par ingredients, whereas others are made with artificially constructed chemicals that mimic, albeit loosely, the nutritional makeup of real fruits and veggies.
Before we delve into any brand of supplements, let's discover more, from trusted sources, about the benefits of greens and their colourful cousins.
1. Lowers blood sugar and helps battle constipation
There are 2 kinds of fibre - soluble and insoluble fibre. According to Mayo Clinic:
- Soluble fibre dissolves in water to form a gel-like material. It can help lower blood cholesterol and glucose levels. Soluble fibre is found in oats, peas, beans, apples, citrus fruits, carrots, barley and psyllium.
- Insoluble fibre promotes the movement of material through your digestive system and increases stool bulk, so it can be of benefit to those who struggle with constipation or irregular stools. Whole-wheat flour, wheat bran, nuts, beans and vegetables, such as cauliflower, green beans and potatoes, are good sources of insoluble fibre.
Dietary fibre absorbs water and increases stool bulk - making it easier to pass and at the same time preventing loose stool. With better bowel health, you decrease the chances of developing hemorrhoids.
2. Decreased chance of getting a stroke
Researchers at American Heart Association have discovered that an increased intake of fibre can lower the risk of stroke. According to the authors, the reason for it is because fibre has the ability to control weight and as well as curb the elevation of cholesterol levels.
3. Prevents weight gain, maintains heart health
Due to the fact that fibre does not get broken down, foods containing high fibre tend to keep you satisfied and feel full for a longer period of time. Thus, you end up eating less and won't feel the need for snacks. Not only that - according to the authors at Nutrition Reviews:
"Individuals with high intakes of dietary fiber appear to be at significantly lower risk for developing coronary heart disease, stroke, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, and certain gastrointestinal diseases. Increasing fiber intake lowers blood pressure and serum cholesterol levels. Increased intake of soluble fiber improves glycemia and insulin sensitivity in non-diabetic and diabetic individuals. Fiber supplementation in obese individuals significantly enhances weight loss."
4. Enzymes Speed Up Good Body Chemicals
According to an article by Dr. Axe, enzymes act as a catalyst for life-preserving chemicals in your body. The overall process that helps the body absorb nutrients and boost metabolism is enhanced by the presence of enzymes.
We hope you're convinced with the health benefits attributed to a diet with high fibre and enzymes, because what we'll be sharing with you next, is a supplement that's made with all-natural high quality ingredients.
Indox, by Venna, is made from a blend of Apple Fibre, Oat & Wheat Fibre, Raspberry, Plums, Multienzyme, Aloe Vera, Green Tea, Wheatgrass, Galactooligosaccharide, Mixed Fruit Powder.
Easy to prepare, and convenient to take with you anywhere, even during a holiday, get access to great health anytime! Apart from the health benefits we listed above, Indox promotes great skin and elevates your energy levels.
Find out more here.
Till next time!